Friday, March 6, 2009

Famous People in Advertisinig


A)i) My favourite Celebrity Ad is definitely the one featuring Bart Simpson and Moe from the show "The Simpsons" showing the Butterfinger. This one is my favourite because it is humorous, colourful and has some very well known characters in it. I would definitely buy the product after seeing that.

ii) The advertisement that I like the least is the picture featuring Brad Pitt in a Toyota ad. This is because I dislike Brad Pitt and this would actually affect my choice to buy this product.


B) The Fact that celebrities earn that amount of money for just a few commercials is ridiculous. They should not be earning that much for such little work because it is not necessary and that money could have been used for much more useful things.

C)i) Celebrities have a huge influence over what products people buy. So much that companies have to watch out for who they get to endorse their product or they could suffer greatly.

ii) I think they control it way too much, people should not buy a product more or less just because the celebrity does something wrong which has no affect in the company at all.

iii) I think Kellogs was right to drop its endorsement with Michael Phelps for smoking marijuana because it would affect not only Michael's reputation but the company as well. This is because people associate celebrities and their sponsoring company way too much.

D)

iii) For my famous person project I am studying Eddie Van Halen. I think he would endorse the Frankenstein Replica Guitar made by EVH Guitars because he is the person who originally created the guitar and played on it for years, it is a very famous guitar and many people have bought it.

No comments:

Post a Comment